Gorgeous! I love the vibrant greens and blues of beach scenes. Looking at this, I almost feel like I'm there. It reminds me of a Florida vacation I took a couple years ago.
I like pictures that have people in them, but don't make the people the main focus. Usually I do it for humor, but it's also nice just to be a fly on the wall (or on the beach in this case) and watch the people go about their day. I actually didn't notice the person in the tree until the second time I looked.
I'm happy you like it. It was really nice to do the difference between the shallow and deep water and the glaring sunshine - not something I usually do. It's funny how things that are boring in photos can make such nice paintings. I love how very clear water makes things seem to float in midair. The coconut picker was requested by the client, actually :)
[english - deutsch unten] Fallout Enclave X-01 Power Armor Re-design. Done for a client who was aiming for a series over time, showing a progression of engineers from the D.C. Wasteland on a more mecha-styled side. I had no idea about that from the job offer, and it was quite the challenge, since mecha isn't exactly my forte ;) But I learned a bit, and appreaciate the Power Armor even more. Although I was personally always partial to the Outcast Power Armor. [deutsch] Ein Redesign der Power-Armor-Rüstung aus Fallout. Der Kunde wollte eine zeitliche Entwicklung zeigen, wie Ödland-Ingenieure die Rüstung mit mehr Mecha-Flair weiter entwickeln würden. Das hatte ich aus der Jobanzeige nicht geahnt und so war es eine ziemliche Herausforderung, weil Mechas eigentlich nicht gerade mein Ding sind ;) Aber die Arbeit daran war cool, und ich schätze die Rüstung jetzt noch mehr; obwohl ich immer eine Vorliebe für die Rüstung der Ausgestoßenen hatte (und vermutlich habe ich alle Namen gr...
To make certain that a pattern has correct perspective, you will have to paint it by hand. But here are some techniques to make your life easier if perspective doesn't matter so much. Using Brushes as patterns I arrange the brush settings like this: I then use the Pinch and Bulge brushes from F-X carefully to match the perspective. Advantages: by adjusting the spacing or colours (or Color Variability > From Gradient) you can make many different versions of the pattern. You can use any brush type you are comfortable with. Using patterns as... well, patterns You can capture anything as a pattern in the Pattern Panel. Patterns can be used with the Fill Bucket , Pattern Pens , and as Clone Source , making them quite versatile. Capture patterns intended for lace and such as masked patterns to preserve transparency. Painter handles making seamless tiles nicely under check out pattern . Advantages: the Fill Bucket's great for fabric patterns or buildings....
There are some pieces of advice you will be told by everyone. The usual reason is, they really are true, and so important it can well stand some repetition. So, I'll repeat this: Never be afraid to use reference. And if something's wrong in your picture, fix it right away. It won't grow out, it won't go away, and no amount of beautiful rendering can make up for errors in anatomy, composition and perspective. See the fullsized tutorial on deviantArt: http://ranarh.deviantart.com/art/Making-of-The-Tale-Nahil-and-Remor-495563668
Gorgeous! I love the vibrant greens and blues of beach scenes. Looking at this, I almost feel like I'm there. It reminds me of a Florida vacation I took a couple years ago.
ReplyDeleteI like pictures that have people in them, but don't make the people the main focus. Usually I do it for humor, but it's also nice just to be a fly on the wall (or on the beach in this case) and watch the people go about their day. I actually didn't notice the person in the tree until the second time I looked.
I'm happy you like it. It was really nice to do the difference between the shallow and deep water and the glaring sunshine - not something I usually do. It's funny how things that are boring in photos can make such nice paintings. I love how very clear water makes things seem to float in midair.
DeleteThe coconut picker was requested by the client, actually :)