In 2018, I was contacted by Tobias Hamelmann, then editor of the German edition of the ShadowRun role-playing game published by Pegasus Spiele, about illustrating "Grimmes Erwachen" an adventure compendium book with a fairy-tale theme. In the ShadowRun world which is cyberpunk at its core, a cosmic event caused classic fairytale races to reappear, like dwarves and trolls, so the setting really lends itself to fairy-tales. I was given a very loose brief for the cover and complete freedom for the black&white interior. I decided to create illustrations with some graphic abstraction and a decorative border to replace the standard one. Grimmes Erwachen cover artwork I was since then invited to create covers and interior artworks for the books Neo Noir, Alpträume, Budenzauber, and Schattengeschäfte, all published by Pegasus Spiele. Every time I was given almost complete freedom about style and content of the images, which I happily used to experiment freely and used a slightly ...
Comments
Post a Comment