Paintings given as Christmas gifts. Still working on photographing my work - bloody mess when you're not much of a photo guy, like me - but it's improving. Formats are 40×50cm illustration board with canvas texture, 24×30 twice, and 25×30cm stretched canvases, respectively. Mediums used were acrylic paints, gel pens, pigmented ink pens, coloured pencils, structure paste, and Indian ink.
[english - deutsch unten] Fallout Enclave X-01 Power Armor Re-design. Done for a client who was aiming for a series over time, showing a progression of engineers from the D.C. Wasteland on a more mecha-styled side. I had no idea about that from the job offer, and it was quite the challenge, since mecha isn't exactly my forte ;) But I learned a bit, and appreaciate the Power Armor even more. Although I was personally always partial to the Outcast Power Armor. [deutsch] Ein Redesign der Power-Armor-Rüstung aus Fallout. Der Kunde wollte eine zeitliche Entwicklung zeigen, wie Ödland-Ingenieure die Rüstung mit mehr Mecha-Flair weiter entwickeln würden. Das hatte ich aus der Jobanzeige nicht geahnt und so war es eine ziemliche Herausforderung, weil Mechas eigentlich nicht gerade mein Ding sind ;) Aber die Arbeit daran war cool, und ich schätze die Rüstung jetzt noch mehr; obwohl ich immer eine Vorliebe für die Rüstung der Ausgestoßenen hatte (und vermutlich habe ich alle Namen gr...
I have been working on the series of horror novels for Christopher Brewer since 2018. Most of them have titles that include "Dark", but I don't really have to take care of any layouting since the author is commissioning me from his own pocket; it's entirely unsure if the publisher will use the artworks, but fingers crossed. Nevertheless, I am having a lot of fun because our collaboration is quite creative. They often show the main protagonist Alice in danger, the depictions are very symbolic and I am to include certain elements taking cues from tarot and mythology. The greatest challenge certainly is that I need to show horror story artwork without making it unshowable despite subjects like cannibalism, child abduction, and abuse in marriage. Going all out gory might be simple, but I enjoy finding more subtle yet creepy ways of showing a visual synopsis. The next highest challenge is the format, which is much more "stumpy" than others. I haven't read any...
Comments
Post a Comment