Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art and Illustrations, Fine Art, Tutorials
Infinite Adventures Heroes
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
The cast of the upcoming card-based RPG Infinite Adventures by Inspiring Games, and the box lid image (and some more pieces for the promo video). It's a low fantasy setting with lots of ancient folklore.
[english - deutsch unten] Fallout Enclave X-01 Power Armor Re-design. Done for a client who was aiming for a series over time, showing a progression of engineers from the D.C. Wasteland on a more mecha-styled side. I had no idea about that from the job offer, and it was quite the challenge, since mecha isn't exactly my forte ;) But I learned a bit, and appreaciate the Power Armor even more. Although I was personally always partial to the Outcast Power Armor. [deutsch] Ein Redesign der Power-Armor-Rüstung aus Fallout. Der Kunde wollte eine zeitliche Entwicklung zeigen, wie Ödland-Ingenieure die Rüstung mit mehr Mecha-Flair weiter entwickeln würden. Das hatte ich aus der Jobanzeige nicht geahnt und so war es eine ziemliche Herausforderung, weil Mechas eigentlich nicht gerade mein Ding sind ;) Aber die Arbeit daran war cool, und ich schätze die Rüstung jetzt noch mehr; obwohl ich immer eine Vorliebe für die Rüstung der Ausgestoßenen hatte (und vermutlich habe ich alle Namen gr...
To make certain that a pattern has correct perspective, you will have to paint it by hand. But here are some techniques to make your life easier if perspective doesn't matter so much. Using Brushes as patterns I arrange the brush settings like this: I then use the Pinch and Bulge brushes from F-X carefully to match the perspective. Advantages: by adjusting the spacing or colours (or Color Variability > From Gradient) you can make many different versions of the pattern. You can use any brush type you are comfortable with. Using patterns as... well, patterns You can capture anything as a pattern in the Pattern Panel. Patterns can be used with the Fill Bucket , Pattern Pens , and as Clone Source , making them quite versatile. Capture patterns intended for lace and such as masked patterns to preserve transparency. Painter handles making seamless tiles nicely under check out pattern . Advantages: the Fill Bucket's great for fabric patterns or buildings....
After masking the blossoms, I start with a wash of green on the bottom that I flick pure water into for texture. While adding cerulean blue to the cherry dryad, I do the same here and add burnt umber and ultramarine blue, dabbing one brush in all paints and making irregular strokes and spatters, adding many but harmonious colours. I like adding paint like this in early stages since it adds both pure colour and blended strokes. I keep the browns to the lower and blues to the upper and outer part. Onto a thin wash of mostly raw and burnt umber, I add cling film from the kitchen to dry with texture, which creates a kind of branch-y texture I like a lot. I do more layers with this technique. In the end I think I should've stopped before the last layer which is fairly dark, but you never know this going on so I let it sit. I work on the face with mixtures of the previous colours, and start emphasising some twig structures and bark on...
Comments
Post a Comment