[english - deutsch unten] Fallout Enclave X-01 Power Armor Re-design. Done for a client who was aiming for a series over time, showing a progression of engineers from the D.C. Wasteland on a more mecha-styled side. I had no idea about that from the job offer, and it was quite the challenge, since mecha isn't exactly my forte ;) But I learned a bit, and appreaciate the Power Armor even more. Although I was personally always partial to the Outcast Power Armor. [deutsch] Ein Redesign der Power-Armor-Rüstung aus Fallout. Der Kunde wollte eine zeitliche Entwicklung zeigen, wie Ödland-Ingenieure die Rüstung mit mehr Mecha-Flair weiter entwickeln würden. Das hatte ich aus der Jobanzeige nicht geahnt und so war es eine ziemliche Herausforderung, weil Mechas eigentlich nicht gerade mein Ding sind ;) Aber die Arbeit daran war cool, und ich schätze die Rüstung jetzt noch mehr; obwohl ich immer eine Vorliebe für die Rüstung der Ausgestoßenen hatte (und vermutlich habe ich alle Namen gr...
To make certain that a pattern has correct perspective, you will have to paint it by hand. But here are some techniques to make your life easier if perspective doesn't matter so much. Using Brushes as patterns I arrange the brush settings like this: I then use the Pinch and Bulge brushes from F-X carefully to match the perspective. Advantages: by adjusting the spacing or colours (or Color Variability > From Gradient) you can make many different versions of the pattern. You can use any brush type you are comfortable with. Using patterns as... well, patterns You can capture anything as a pattern in the Pattern Panel. Patterns can be used with the Fill Bucket , Pattern Pens , and as Clone Source , making them quite versatile. Capture patterns intended for lace and such as masked patterns to preserve transparency. Painter handles making seamless tiles nicely under check out pattern . Advantages: the Fill Bucket's great for fabric patterns or buildings....
In 2018, I was contacted by Tobias Hamelmann, then editor of the German edition of the ShadowRun role-playing game published by Pegasus Spiele, about illustrating "Grimmes Erwachen" an adventure compendium book with a fairy-tale theme. In the ShadowRun world which is cyberpunk at its core, a cosmic event caused classic fairytale races to reappear, like dwarves and trolls, so the setting really lends itself to fairy-tales. I was given a very loose brief for the cover and complete freedom for the black&white interior. I decided to create illustrations with some graphic abstraction and a decorative border to replace the standard one. Grimmes Erwachen cover artwork I was since then invited to create covers and interior artworks for the books Neo Noir, Alpträume, Budenzauber, and Schattengeschäfte, all published by Pegasus Spiele. Every time I was given almost complete freedom about style and content of the images, which I happily used to experiment freely and used a slightly ...
Comments
Post a Comment