Funny D&D Illustrations?!

I almost never do anything that's funny out of my own volition. Which is weird. But I have the theory that cool images, impactful images, the kind I want to put into the world, are not typically the funny kind. Obviously funny memes and images are memorable, but they're not what I seek out. That doesn't mean I can't do funny! A D&D game master asked me in 2018 to illustrate a bunch of weird beholders, not with the classic dozens of eyestalks but with ears or mouths, and here we are. They are absolutely disgusting.






Following those, we also created a bunch of other illustrations for the role-playing campaign the client was mastering at the time where the mechanical pet mouse Hubert of one character ran off with some psychopomp named Jim, and sent the player postcards of their exploits as they stole on parties or met the gods.
I used a rather different style with selections and layers effects rather than my usual painterly way of making images for this to speed things up.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traditional media, 2

The 9 Circles of Hell