Smaugust '22

The Smaugust challenge asks to draw one dragon per day during August. I've long wanted to participate - for some reason, despite being mainly a fantasy painter, I have almost zero dragons in my body of work - but with Inktober coming up the following month I was usually busy doing things for that. When AI became a huge thing last year I fiddled with it for a bit and created my Smaugust pieces by overpainting AI renders from different models. I am interested to see where the law debate about AI in general and generative image creation in particular leads.

There are GIFs for many of them to show what I used and how, but I think many are outdated already; if not detailing technicalities about the models, I'll make another post with the process GIFs.

The high seas wyrm

The protector

Snapdragon

Red rising

Desert swimmer

Fire of creation

Master of the fiery serpents

Stranded

Westward

Into the fire

Dragonriders

Primordial

Roadtrip with Mom

First fire

On a pile of gold

Curled

A god comes calling

Visit to Yggdrasil

Festivities

Crowned cobra

Baroque bronze

Black hatchlings

Dark moon

Dragon knight

Dragon of eternal life

Knights of the green flame

Colourful naga

Lionlike

Cutesy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traditional media, 2

The 9 Circles of Hell